Monday, November 8, 2010

Doctor's Appt at almost 23 weeks :)

We had a doctor's appointment on Friday, 11/5, and it was short and sweet. Thankfully, the doctor told me I'm "boring" and she likes boring - we do too! Because all she had to do was take my blood pressure (which was normal), measure my belly (which was right on with the measurements it should be), and listen to the baby's heartbeat (which was strong and ... wonderful!) He was moving around a lot again too :) But the funny part was ... my weight!! The first time I went to the doctor, after I found out I was pregnant, I was a certain weight - I consider that my starting weight. The next doctor's office visit I had lost 2 pounds (so I was thinking umm ... ?? why am I losing??) The next doctor's visit I had gained 4 (from my last doctor's visit - so I had gained two pounds in all, from my starting weight - which was good) ... but THIS TIME ... I had gained 10.7 pounds from my last doctor's visit - soo 12.7 pounds altogether!! The funny part was ... I had not even thought twice about my weight ... at all ... this whole time ... and then, of course, the first thing they tell you to do is go into the bathroom, get your weight and your urine sample. So I went in there and stepped on the scale first and I was soo flabber-gasted (in a good way) that I sat down on the toilet and completely forget to get the sample. OOPS!! The doctor told me that weight gain was completely normal - that I'd probably have two times during the pregnancy that I'd have big jumps in weight - but she said, and I quote, "I wouldn't suggest gaining 10 pounds EVERY 4 weeks" ... HAHAH. Well ... ok! So then I was eating at my mom's house on Sunday and she has a scale and I stepped on it and I had gained 3 more since Friday - this was TWO days after my doctor's appointment! Granted, I HAD just eaten two plates at lunch but still .......... :) hahah

I just think it's funny - especially b/c the holidays are coming up and ... (I LOVE my grandma's cooking at Thanksgiving and Christmas) ;) ... and I've always been a picky eater and was worried about not gaining enough weight - HA! thinking about another life inside of me & eating for two has caused me not to be so picky :) And I think this is a GREAT thing (gaining weight) - b/c that means I've got a healthy baby boy in there :)

Here are a few belly pics:


My belly at 23 weeks


20 weeks



My husband and the puppies taking belly pics for me (and them loving on him in the meantime ;) )

1 comment:

Chris, Crystal, and Weston said...

Love that baby bump....and, especially, that sweet baby causing the bump!!! Love you!