Friday, February 28, 2014

1 month old already!

Time flies! I feel like Briley was just born and it has been a month already (well, yesterday)! I wanted to try to keep her stats from the doctor on this blog. I didn't do such a good job with keeping Tucker's stats but I thought it would be cool to look back and see her growth/what/how she was doing at each point (along with how Tucker is doing, too). I know this sounds crazy but life isn't as crazy (YET!) with her arrival as it was with Tucker's. I've heard different things from different people about what the biggest adjustment was... for some people it's going from zero children to having 1 child. For others, it's going from 1 child to having 2. For others, it's more. So far, our biggest adjustment was going from zero to 1 child. I think it's because we didn't really know what to expect and are a little more laid back this time. With Tucker, I was worried about every little thing 24/7 but ... I'm trying not to be that way this time. Am I tired?! ABSOLUTELY! Am I worn out?! Of course! But ... Jonathan has been SUCH an awesome help and awesome husband and daddy. He has made sure I've been able to lay down when I'm overly tired (and when he's off work) and has just been the best daddy taking care of Tucker and Briley. I am blessed for sure! I'm not saying it's not going to get harder once she starts sleeping less and less and being awake more and more and moving and crawling, etc etc :).. but, at this point, we are at least making it :) Praying that continues!! It's so funny to see how two kids that came from the same gene pool can be so similar in ways and so different in other ways. I see such similarities in some of her expressions that remind me so much of Tucker when he was an infant.. but she also has her own little personality (well, as much personality as they have at a month old!) already! :) Anyway... Tucker has been such a good big brother. I think it has finally set in that she isn't going anywhere and she's here to stay! And I think he is happy about that! :) He loves her so much and I'm very thankful.. Here are a few pics from the 1st doctor's appt..
1st DR's appt: Monday, January 13, 2014 Weight: 7 lbs 5 oz (she had lost a little birth weight) Height: 20 inches We went back in for a weight check Wednesday, January 15th. She was 7 lbs 11 oz - almost back to birth weight! 2 week DR appt: January 22, 2014 Weight: 8 lbs 4 oz Height: 21 inches Head: 36 cm We go back for her 6 week check up Friday, February 21st. 1 month update Feedings: She is eating every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day and eats 2 or 3 times during the night (depending on the night) Sleeping: She sleeps a good amount of the day but is starting to wake up some. She goes down anywhere between 9 and 10 and wakes up about 2:00 or so, eats, then goes back down and wakes up about 5:30 or so and then may or may not go back down for another hour or so if Tucker hasn't woken up already.

No comments: