Monday, April 8, 2013

Proud mommy moment! :)

We enrolled Tucker in a 1/2 day preschool this past September. He absolutely LOVES it. His preschool teacher, Ms. Sylvia, is so good with them and he loves all his little friends in his class. He only goes Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9-12 but it is just enough time for me to get some work done. It also works out great with Jonathan's schedule most weeks. Anyway ... we got a letter in his backpack one day saying the preschoolers would be doing a play for Easter. I really didn't think twice about it because I thought it was just going to be the older pre-K students - not the "1 year old class", which is what Tucker is in. Tucker ended up being sick the Monday of that week (when the play was supposed to be on Wednesday) so Ms. Sylvia ended up calling us Tuesday night to "remind us" that the play was tomorrow (and to check on Tucker, of course). Well, like I said, I didn't realize it was for him too - I thought, "how in the world is my 2 year old going to stand up on stage and sing or participate without having a meltdown.." WELL ............ what was I thinking?! haha ... Thankfully, Jonathan was able to get off work and come too. We were scared to death that if he saw us he would not participate so ... we sat in the back. The pre-K's went through the beautiful story of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. After they went, the 3 year old class sang, then the 2 year old class, and then Tucker's class! I am attaching the video. All I have to say is WOW!! I'm not impressed with my child, per-say, but I was so impressed with how they have taught my baby (and all the other kids) about Jesus and the Bible and how "God's word is always - chuuuuuuu (aka TRUE)". I also just knew he would have a meltdown and have to come off stage but he didn't. I am so thankful for these ladies and the love they show our kids. Since we were hiding and not letting Tucker know we were there, I was able to see how he is while we're not around (and, most importantly, how he's learning and singing about the Lord!) THANK YOU, JESUS!! Couldn't be any more proud!! Copy & paste THIS LINK --> in order to watch --> (sorry, not quite up to speed on how the links work through blogspot, etc.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykLF0TkqqKI

No comments: