Monday, April 8, 2013

Tucker's 2nd Birthday Party!!

I can't believe I'm really posting again so soon! I know I said I would but in the back of my mind I was doubtful! Anyway .. tracing back over the last few months. We had Jonathan's birthday in January, of course, (and Uncle Todd's too!) We then had a sweet little boy's 2nd birthday party in February. I absolutely cannot believe Tucker is 2!! I ran into a lady at Target a few weeks ago who goes to my old home church (who I just love)! and she has grandkids of her own now. The day she saw us Tucker was actually having a good day (and a good time) in Target. We were going up and down the rows and he was saying "HEYYYYY, HEYYY, HEYYYYY" to everybody we passed. It was the cutest thing. She said she heard him from 3 rows over and then when she finally got to us she realized it was him. Anyway ... she mentioned that day that she's always told young mothers, "the days are long but the years are short." It's soo true! Anyway ... so fast-forward two weeks later. We were in Target again and Tucker was throwing tantrum after tantrum..he had thrown his ball out of the cart about 15 times and I told him if he threw it out again we would not be picking it up.. well?? what happened? He threw it out and I just kept going. He LOST it! Of course, once he lost it, there was no calming him down.. and we are trying to be consistent so that meant I could not get the ball and put it back in the cart just because he was crying.. SOO as I'm heading out the doors with this screaming 2 year old who is kicking his legs and throwing a tantrum the SAME lady from 2 weeks ago yells, "EMILY, EMILY" and I turn around like "oh no, who else is seeing this" (because I had already run into everybody and their mommas of course!!) and it was her. She said "remember - the days are long but the years are short!!" HAHA!! SOOO TRUE!! :) It made me smile because she has two grown boys of her own so she remembers those days fully well! So ... Tucker's birthday was so much fun and I owe a HUGE thank you to my mom and mother-in-law! I don't know what I would do without those two ladies. My husband is always our rock and a huge help!! however ... he came down with strep throat a few days before Tucker's party so, needless to say, he was in bed! Even though Tucker's party was SO much fun and turned out to be great, I think we will just do a pizza party or go to a restaurant or something next year. Don't get me wrong, I had SO MUCH FUN planning and getting all the decorations and food ready - it's the one time a year I actually do some kind of crafty stuff ;) - but I think Tucker would be just as happy playing with his friends and just eating pizza (with a balloon or two)! Jonathan and my mom and mother-in-law said they were going to remind me of that next year! haha Here are a few pictures from his party :) Tucker and his big Elmo balloon that he LOVED! He only got to play with it for 10 minutes, though, because it flew to the ceiling (the magnets came off) :/ Tucker's 2nd birthday cake! He LOVES Sesame Street! Nancy did an amazing job! The decorations and party food :) Tucker eating cake! He didn't eat much of the cake, but he devoured the icing :) The 3 of us :) Tucker and his baby cousin, Stella! :)

No comments: