Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Women of Faith - October 2012

OH MY GOODNESS what a weekend! I must say that I was a little hesitant about leaving Jonathan and Tucker again since I had just gone on a Bible Study retreat last weekend, but woww am I glad I went! What a spiritually uplifting weekend. My sister-in-law, Laine, asked my mom and I to go to this conference several months ago and my mom went ahead and got us tickets. Laine's church has been attending the past several years and I am very grateful that she asked us to go. Friday morning, we met a group of about 15-20 women/ladies at Cracker Barrel and then left for Charlotte. The funny thing was that my mom and I thought the whole time that the conference was in Greensboro but when we got to Burlington and made a few pit-stops shopping, somebody mentioned going to Concord Mills (which we knew was near Charlotte) so we asked and ... YEP! We were headed to Charlotte! haha ... We got there just in time to go get a quick meal (at Bojangle's) and head to the train station to get to the arena. When we got there, the seats were AWESOME. We were probably on the 15th row and that was super close for an arena. There was a combination of speakers such as Sandy Patty (who I remember from being little), Kristine Cain (who shared the gospel in one of the most powerful ways ever - through her unique story!), and Brenda Warner (NFL player, Kurt Warner's wife - who's story was a complete tear-jerker!) to painters and dancers, and singers like Amy Grant and Mandisa!!!! Every bit of it was AWESOME! I would LOVE to go next year and take a group from Central (or at least our women's Bible study group) but we will see! I was so thankful to ride with my mom and have that time with her. I worked most of the day on Friday in the car, but on the way back Saturday, we were able to talk and share and catch up and just cry with each other. After hearing Brenda Warner's story (and I encourage you to get her book "One Call Away" if you have never heard of her), I had to get home and see my sweet baby boy (and I wanted to see his daddy soo much too - but he was at the fire station!) You will completely understand why when you read the book. I am so very grateful for my loving husband, precious child, and all my family and friends. God, you give us exactly what we need when we need it. Thank YOU! <3

No comments: